Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Let the Fun Begin

Seriously, when did this child grow up??  We no longer use the high chair, as you can see, because it's much more fun to give Mama and Daddy a heart attack every time we climb up the chair, won't sit on the chair and try to get off the chair.  I think I've become used to it now, but Jason stills gets nervous when he does it!  I'm not sure if it's just a fad, but he seems to eat much better we he sits at the chair - maybe it's the feeling of independence or just a part of growing up, either way I'll take it.  

Pax celebrated his 6 week birthday today, yes 6 weeks.  I'm thrilled to say that we have all survived the first 6 weeks - Pax still has all his body parts and has gotten quite used tolerant to all the poking and prodding by big brother.  He's so much bigger than Cade was at this point.  I packed his newborn clothes away a couple of weeks ago and most of his 0-3 month clothes will be outgrown before I know it :(  I'm thinking we're moving on to 3-6 months within the next couple of weeks.  He's not only a chunky monkey, but he seems to be very long!  We are just so thankful that he's healthy and happy and apparently has a great appetite.   

We took on potty training today which was a big step for us.  I've been putting it off for a few weeks now, constantly making excuses as to why we didn't start. To be honest, I've been terrified to start, but I figured what the hell, today is as good as any other day.  We opted for the little potty because we seem to have extra tall toilets which makes it difficult for him to get on, even with a stool.  I was a bit grossed out at the idea of having the empty the bin and clean it, but whatever works at this point!  We checked out a book about using the potty from the library and read it last night (over and over and over).  Today (as you can see by the pictures) we were sans diaper and went for it.  We peed on the potty once, peed in our wagon once and randomly got into the bathtub and peed in there once.  I guess this can be considered progress?!  I wasn't sure how to handle naps, so I just put him in a diaper and he woke up with both pee and poo - but it wasn't on my floor, so I'm ok with that.  I think we'll start working on the whole sleeping thing once we get potty time during the day down.  Not sure if that's the most correct way to do it, but hey this raising kids thing seems like just one big experiment ;)

Here's to hoping that he gets the hang of it and we can actually venture out of the house without mama having a nervous breakdown!  




You mean not everyone eats lunch with no pants?!?







Come on mama, enough is enough!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...