Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

27 Weeks 1 Day

 Happy 27 Weeks!  This is the last week in our second trimester and we now have 90 days to go until our due date!  We have officially decided on a name this week - as the board indicated we have chosen Cade (middle name is still under discussion, but will more than likely be Robert).  We're trying to get used to calling him by his name instead of all the other nicknames we have devised :)

This week Cade is the size of a rutabaga (which in case you were wondering is a cross between a cabbage and a turnip).  He can weigh up to 2.5 pounds and is approximately 14.8 inches long.  He's starting to show brain activity this week and is still practicing inhaling and exhaling!  He's an active little bugger too - it's such an awesome feeling when he starts squirming around in there :)

 Here's a picture of our ikea bookshelf turned changing table (the frame and canvas will be up on the wall).  Now I'm deciding whether or not we should paint it - unfortunately Ikea's idea of white and our idea of white are not the same :(

 I was busy sewing again this week ... I made another blanket for him (this one is much smaller than the first one) and 12 burp cloths.  Whew ... it was exhausting!  I've also been trying to make Christmas cookies in my spare time to prepare for the holidays!  They're going to be here before we know it.  I can't believe that we'll be home in a week to celebrate Thanksgiving and our shower!  Time is sure flying by :)  We're looking forward to seeing everyone in a week!

2 comments:

  1. Your sewing looks awesome! I'm glad you two picked out a name-I love it! The changing table is cool. I bet you will have more fun changing and dressing Cade than you did with your Cabbage Patch dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy with the way the sewing turned out ... Not too bad seeing how the last time I worked with a sewing machine was in 8th grade! I think I might have had more fun dressing Ellie than my dolls :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...