Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Happy American Pharmacists Month :)


October is one of my favorite months.  First off, it's fall and fall is by far the best time of the year with all it's pumpkin-y goodness.  Second of all there's Halloween and we just love Halloween around here.  Third, it's American Pharmacists Month (my selfless plug)!  Make sure to take the time this month to let your pharmacist know just how much you appreciate it them.  I absolutely LOVE my job and the career path that I've chosen, but lately it seems that a lot of the public have disrespected our profession.  Once a well trusted health information resource, we are now treated more like employees of your favorite fast food restaurant.  Rather than a focus on accuracy and quality, there is a just a need for speed (we are dealing with medications that you put in your body people, we want to make sure everything is correct).  Between health testing, giving immunization, filling prescriptions, providing counseling and the countless other tasks we have at hand, there is hardly any time to breathe!  A simple thank you goes a LONG way especially after 8+ hours of standing, possibly no bathroom breaks, and more than likely no real meals while you are at work (yes, unlike the rest of the workforce, we get NO lunch break).  So again, if you love your pharmacist and they are your go to for all your health information, let them know how much you care :)

Here are some of our pictures that I've been snapping lately!  We enjoyed our completely laid back weekend (I finally decided to do NOTHING, and it was GLORIOUS).  This mama made a ton of meals this weekend to stock our freezer and fridge and couldn't resist making some chocolate chip cookies (most of them will go to my awesome staff @ work, but of course mama and daddy had to make sure they were OK)!  We lounged and watched the Bills play another nail biter today, then just spent the rest of the afternoon playing.

This big boy is getting brave and standing up on his own (it only lasts a few seconds).  He seems to be into everything and moves quicker than ever!  Aunt TD is coming to visit again this week and we are so beyond excited!  The fair starts Thursday and we can't wait to take Macho Man for the first time and show Aunt TD and Uncle Phil what a real fair is like!  It sucks this year because I'm not fat and pregnant, so I guess I should watch what I eat (rather than shovel everything fried into my face)!


Still "billieving"

These are by far, the worlds BEST chocolate chip cookies!!

Eating Dumping cheerios onto the floor (the dogs LOVE this)

Yes it is

Love my little chick magnet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...